Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Random Ramblings on Danity Kane

Dear Danity Kane,

I'm a fan and believe you are talented. I love the new single "Damaged" and truly hope that it gets its deserved recognition. I came across the music video for "Damaged" a couple of days ago. I had been anticipating the clip because the song is so catchy/high energy, and I thought that the video would have some amazing/crazy choreography. I was right about the crazy part...



What the hell were ya'll thinking?! Even though every single girl looks great, the video overall is seriously lackluster. In all honesty, it looks like Mr. Bitchassness himself told ya'll to go to the create-a-video at the nearest mall, and that take would be your final video. Come on girls, even your last video, the drag-a-lious looking, "Ride 4 U" was more interesting than this video! It is such a shame to see a solid song squandered on a truly mediocre video. I won't even get into the fact that your male Making the Band counterparts, Day26, have a better video for their first single, "Got Me Going," not that that's saying a lot either.

Girls, please don't let Mr. Bitchassness ruin this album as he did your debut. I have heard a few songs from the new album, Welcome to the Dollhouse, and for the most part, it's quite good. I plan to purchase it this week. Oh, before I go, I wanted to address each girl individually...

Dawn- PLEASE, you must release a solo album one day! I absolutely love your voice, tone and all. Also, PLEASE always keep it sexy, because when you aren't in tip top condition from head to toe, you have looked a little raggedy.

Wanita- Yes, I am addressing you as Wanita. I truly believe in my heart of hearts, that you are a cancer to the group, and will eventually be the cause of the inevitable break up. How DARE you have that hood-rat looking other group you are apart of on your Myspace top friends list and not Danity Kane! D- Woods? Pff, although I should call you that because your hair not too long ago looked like you have came out of the damn woods.

Shannon- Work bitch! I'm so proud of you! You have finally gotten a little shine, and I love the way you sound leading off "Damaged."

Aubrey- Girl, what hasn't been said about you lately? I use be a fan of yours way back early in the Making the Band 3 days. You actually were humble and looked like an up and coming star. Now you are all "diva," looking like a drag queen 70% of the time, and a whore for the other 30%. Although I may be off on the latter percentage. Lastly, Miss Auburella, you are not Top Model!

Andrea- You are adorable, and arguably have the best vocals in the group. However, when all is said and done, you aren't the first one that comes to mind when I hear Danity Kane, and you are usually the last one I think about. It's weird, I know... you and Shannon switched places!


Hoping for at Least a 3rd Album, (but doubt it)

--Quinton

P.S. PLEASE release "Pretty Boy" as a future single. I don't care what the majority of people may say, that song is hot, and has major swagger!

3 comments:

Random J said...

"Pretty boy" is garbage. I love the DK girls, I love Danja and also The Clutch. But they all fell off with "Pretty boy". It's terrible. No WAY would it a better single than "Bad girl" or "Strip tease".

Junlee said...

I can't say I've ever been a fan of DK, but that's just based off singles. I haven't really taken the time to actually listen to them because they never caught my attention as being that good. :(

But maybe I should give them a chance.

Q said...

Definitely give them a listen Junlee. Especially the ones J mentioned. :-) I think you will be pleasantly surprised. As I have said, these girls are TALENTED.