Thursday, March 20, 2008

MARIAH

Dear Miss Diva-ness,

I'm truly looking forward to your upcoming album, E=MC². Although I have my qualms with "Touch My Body," I viewed your SNL performance of it, and "Migrate" earlier this week. I think "Migrate" sounds VERY promising, and I can't wait to hear the studio version of it! Something else I came across of recently is the photo for your upcoming album...




I see where you are trying to go Mariah. It's all about DIVA, I know. Seriously, this looks Diana Ross-esque. It worked (and still does) for Diana Ross because the bitch is fabulous, and is the epitome of diva. As for you Miss Carey, it's just not working for me. You go for BOLD diva, but it is coming more off as Swan Lake to me. Plus, the purple capitalization of your name, come on now! That shit is tacky. We know your name bitch.

--Quinton

P.S. Don't feel too bad, I don't think any today's popular female artist could pull off this type of diva shot. Well, except for Rihanna. That bitch is so fierce, she can make ANY look work. You DID see that part in the "Umbrella" video didn't you?!

P.S.S. If I so happen to post any of your upcoming music in the future, it's only to "promote." Please don't have Blogger delete my shit!



Listen: Mariah Carey ft. T-Pain- "Migrate" (Live on SNL)


© The Island Def Jam Group and Mariah Carey

2 comments:

Junlee said...

lol @ the P.S.S.

I personally think she looks hot right there, but the big ass purple letters do look atrocious!

I don't really like "Migrate" (although I like it better now compared to the first time I heard it), and I still think "Touch My Body" is average at best.

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come, because with MiMi, she came with that whack ass first single (can't even remember the name of the song), and then killed everybody with "We Belong Together".

I just want the woman to get back to what she does best...sing these bitches out of oblivion!

Q said...

I kind of liked that whack first single off of The Emancipation of Mimi. :-p ("It's Like That") I think "Migrate" may grow on you, especially when the studio version is available. I think it's a true banger!

I agree with your last statement though, and actually had that same thought when I was flipping through the radio during a car ride recently, and heard the end of "Hero." :-(