Friday, March 21, 2008

Nelly's Hopeful Hit

Dear Nelly,

Man, I know it's been hard times for you lately. "Wadsyaname" didn't take off as a single, and even the song you did with your girl was scrapped as her potential lead-off single. I must say that I do LOVE "Wadsyaname." It still puzzles me that it was not a substantial hit. I loved the melody of the song, and thought it was classic Nelly. Late last year was crazy in the world of music though, so I would like to believe that you just got lost in the mix.

Anyways, I came across the song that is set to be the second release off your upcoming album, Brass Knuckles a couple of days ago...

Listen: Nelly ft. Fergie- "Party People"


© Universal Records

OMG! What a blazing song! Nelly, you are coming harder than recent memory on this one, and to throw Miss Ferguson on the track; brilliant! I own The Dutchess and know all about "Here I Come," but I had NO idea Fergie could ever get down like THAT on a rap verse! Nelly, I don't know what you did to her or with her, but DAMN! This is definitely hotness all the way around. If this doesn't become some kind of hit, you might as well call it a wrap Cornell and go back to selling Pimp Juice.

Hoping That This Becomes the Hit That You Need to Stay in the Game,

--Quinton

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha. Yea hot song.
But what ever happened to the "Here I Come" release??!!?!?

Q said...

I would like to know that myself man. I believe she shelved it in favor of releasing "Finally."

"Finally" is good, albeit a little cheesy. "Here I Come" would have been a hot single release.

Anonymous said...

Put aside what Nelly's consistency in the music game for a second and just look at the strides he has made in the fashion and automotive industries. Profits for clothing company Applebottoms have sky rocketed. He well knows that he owns the he owes that success to the free promotion by Flo-rida and did I forget to mention he has hooked up with funkmasterflex and Ford to release his own car..Dj M3L UK.