Friday, March 21, 2008

Can't Let Go of This Song

Dear Linda Kiraly,

Yes, I actually know that you exist! It's a shame that the majority of the United States doesn't know of you, and you were @%#$*!^ born here! I digress though, and understand that may be due to the not so little fact you are Hungarian and your family moved to Hungary in 1999.

I'm not familiar with the music you have released. I mean, you were releasing it overseas! I am, however, familiar with one particular song of yours that I discovered late last year...



Linda Kiraly- "Can't Let Go"


Damn you! Every since I've heard this song, I can't let go of it! I find myself always coming back to listen to it at one point or another. The song is outstanding. It sounds like the type of song that should already be an international smash. As for the music video, bitch, you worked! I love the simplicity of it and you are truly beautiful.

I've heard you have moved back to New York and are currently at work on your first full English-language album. I know "Can't Let Go" has been released on Itunes already, but PLEASE have Universal Republic Records release that shit again and have them actually promote it!

Praying You Don't End Up in a Kiley Dean Type Situation,

--Quinton

6 comments:

Junlee said...

Don't say that about Kiley! She's still gonna make it big, she's got to...she's just GOT to!!!!!

*wipes sweat off forehead*

Ahem, yeah...I'll give the song a listen and report back later.

Junlee said...

Damn she's fine!

She has a good voice, but it might just be me, but her voice sounded kinda awkward at times, especially in the first verse. Maybe it's just me.

The chorus is good too!

Q said...

lol I will say a silent prayer for Miss Kiley Dean. :-p

As for Linda Kiraly, her voice does sound awkward at times due to her Hungarian heritage. :-) "Can't Let Go" is apart of the first full English-language album she is currently working on.

Random J said...

Linda needs to keep dropping Hungarian albums. Ain't nobody outside of that country try'na hear her.

Rodney Jerkins straight jacked Danja's production style for this song and threw in a little bit of Danity Kane's "Damaged" too (which sounds a bit like Danja's style anyway). I'm glad he tried to come different, but bloody hell. I miss Rodney Jerkins old signature Darkchild style. He just seems to be copying everyone else right now.

Q said...

Hey, I'm trying to hear her! Watch yo mouth. :-p lol

I agree with you on the Rodney Jerkins comment. His productions have lacked originality lately. I miss the out-of-left-field "What About Us?" Jerkins.

Random J said...

Is Linda even on a chart? Home girl must be the Billboard minus 100 because ain't nobody spinning her shit.

I miss Rodney Jerkins old, old stuff: When his songs had actual melodies and sounded rich. He was killing it when he was dropping joints like "The boy is mine", "It's not right, but it's okay", "Say my name" and "He wasn't man enough. The thing is, that whenever he comes original and contemporary, nobody takes notice. "Lose my breath" and "Cater 2 U" were FIRE, but they weren't huge hits. The whole of Brandy's Full moon album was hot, but it came and went un-noticed. Even the shit he did for Janet's Discipline - hot, but ignored.

I think it's a shame. He even got the gastric bypass surgery and everything - ready to get up in the public eye, but nobody is caring.