Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In Response to Madonna's Cover for Her Upcoming Album

Dear Mrs. Ritchie,

You are legendary, there's no refuting that. I think your new single, "4 Minutes" with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland is absolutely hot. I must admit, the song packs more punch than the one you did with Ms. Blackout. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it so odd that you have been able to collaborate with two people that have actually *!@+#$ before! I guess the reason is because you are Madonna and you got it like that.

I was browsing online late last week, and I happened to come across the cover from your upcoming album, Hard Candy.




Mrs. Ritchie, what the $*&#! I understand that sex has been your game for decades, but come on now! Reality check, you will be turning 50 in the not so distant future! I guess it's hard to be you, and to constantly "re-invent" yourself, so you are going back to old tricks. Newsflash, it really didn't work that well last album. Do you truly think upping the sexual anti will seal the deal for consumers? Hard Candy? Mrs. Richie, the only thing I can imagine hard about you is your pussy, because you are damn near 50!

Oh how I miss the Ray of Light image. If I were you, I would try to bring this back, because you are surely not bringing sexy back.


Still Shaking My Head,

--Quinton


Listen: Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake and Timbaland- "4 Minutes"


© Warner Bros. Records

5 comments:

Junlee said...

What a sleazy, nasty cover for that hag to have for her new album! Madonna used to be sexy *thinks back 90s video's with big grin*, but this shit is not sexy, cute, or hot. Notta!

And I had no idea she was almost 50...damn!

Q said...

Yep! Disturbing isn't it? lol

According to the Birthday that is posted on her, she'll turn the big 50 in August.

Random J said...

The album cover is not that sleazy. I've seen much, MUCH worse. But she does need to close her legs. Within the context of the album it works, but I just hate how cheap and contrived it looks. The cover for the "4 minutes" single was crap, but it's better than this. At least Madonna looked somewhat hot on it.

As for the song "4 minutes" I think it's rubbish. It's just Flo'rida's "Elevator" with more horns and additional cowbells. I can't believe Timbaland and Danja didn't give the song a middle-8 or a beat switch. I think "The beat goes on", "Candy shop", "Hey you" and "Miles away" are all much better.

I'll still be buying this bitches album though. I'm not ashamed to say I like me a bit of Madonna and I'd still give her some hard candy.

Q said...

Thanks for coming here J!

Yes, there have been worse. The thing is for me, Madonna is old enough to be a grandmother. Combined that fact with the album image, it's just, ehh! lol

Overall, I must admit that I really like "4 Minutes." I could see myself dancing to it when out at the bar or club. I do agree that it could have been enhanced by at least a couple of beat changes, ala one of my personal Madonna favs, "Music."

I haven't listened to "Candy Shop" nor "Miles Away" yet. I need to catch up.

I know that I'm hard on her for this album cover, but I definitely will always have love for a great number of her songs. Her best work is truly untouchable.

Junlee said...

and I'd still give her some hard candy.

Why am I not surprised...